An overview of the content that will be covered is-
- The difference between counselling individuals and couples: the counselling triangle, additional skills,
transference and projections.
- The process of counselling linked: Exploration/Understanding/Action, together with appropriate integration
of skills and theoretical understanding
- Development of relationships: Levinger’s Model of Relationships, Erikson’s Developmental
- Dynamics of Couple Relationships: Marital Fit, Family patterns, geneograms, systems
- Sexual Issues: Classification of sexual issues, skills to explore the sexual issue, the role of sex in the
- Impact of affairs and how to survive
- Physical Violence in relationships and contracting
- Communication - how to communicate and homework
- Ethics - single sessions, split agendas confidentiality, notes.